Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Half-Witt

A man owned a small farm in Kansas. The Kansas State Wage and Hour
Department claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an
agent out to interview him.

'I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,' demanded the
agent.

'Well,' replied the farmer, 'there's my farm hand who's been with me for
three years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.'

'The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week plus
free room and board.'

'Then there's the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does
about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays
his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday
night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.'

'That's the guy I want to talk to -- the half-wit,' says the agent.

'That would be me,' replied the farmer.

No comments: