Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thanks

This is a humble regard for someone who took me under their wing and so graciously offered to teach me how to blog! Mind you, I'm "eating crow" here. Mainly because, I took advantage of this person's, unselfish offer and let them teach me the basics.
At first I was so overwhelmed, with all the information, that I hung onto this person, like a "hungry child". I couldn't get it right, and so I'd cry to them in desperation and fear of messing up. Boy, did mess up! Not just once but many times. Two of my blogs, went to hell because of it.
This person, had called me their "friend", which I accepted completely. That was until I overstepped my boundaries,(which I didn't know were there) and over taxed them by constantly asking for opinions or help. I had helped this person when they had problems, so I didn't think it was a problem for me to seek help, in return. I got dissed, by the person, calling themselves, "my friend"! "Hurt", is not the word to describe, my feelings, right at that moment. I gritted my teeth and bit into my words as I wrote back, my growling essay. By the time we both were finished, so was the "friendship". I totally walked away, and left this person to itself, to "stew in it's own brew". Later in the month when, we ran into each other, I pulled away, from their advances, in an effort to try to say, "they were sorry". My book, doesn't see "friendships" with boundaries, if it's truly a friendship. Their world, obviously was different from mine, so I let it go. Chalked it up as a lost cause, and moved on.
I still want to give credit, where credit is due, and say that this person, did give me very quality information and help. To that I say "thank you".

No comments: