Friday, September 2, 2016

Rain

 
I had been out shopping yesterday and noticed that the skies were getting dark in places and there seem to be a threat of wind and rain.  I looked east in the direction of my home, and there were huge dark clouds in that direction.  As I got closer in my car to my home town, the rains began.  It was as if they knew I was coming, since I had been griping about the rain always missing us.  Today, wasn't so and the rains would stop and start every few minutes.  I actually was able to get out of my car and walk into Walmart, before the down pour began.  Loud claps of thunder rack the inside of the building, as if I was standing outside.......so much so that it made me jump from being startled.  The loud rain began, and I knew there was no way I would be able to get back to my car, with my groceries, unless it slacked some.  Me and a few others stood at the front doors waiting.  Some ventured on out, taking the chance of getting struck by the fierce lightning, each time it thundered.  
Finally the rain slacked and I opened my umbrella and took off toward my car, with water swirling around my feet, getting them wet.  Just as I got to my car to put my groceries in, it started raining hard again.  I tossed them in as fast as I could, left the grocery cart sitting there and jumped in my car to safety.  The video above is sideways, but you can see how bad it was raining.  Wait for the end of the video.........

No comments: