Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thinking about downsizing

















Contribution by Saul Martin
My husband and I were considering downsizing our home last year after I lost my job due to the bad economy. We love this place, though, and had bought it fully anticipating living here until we retired. We decided to do everything we could to avoid having to get the house up and so I started cutting pennies everywhere we could. I became one of those crazy coupon people and we were saving lots of money on groceries, and we decided to sell one of our cars to help streamline gas and maintenance expenses. I even looked up electricity rates at http://www.shopelectricityratestexas.com/texas-electricity-companies/Texas/T/Tyler/ to see if I could find something better than what we were paying… I did. Now that we have our bills back under control, I'm finally getting out and starting to look for work again. I can't wait to find another fulfilling job and start contributing to the family again. My husband is so wonderful and hasn't complained one time about having to carry the burden of all our bills these last few months.

No comments: