Friday, March 14, 2008

Easter Lunch/Dinner?

So, what are your plans for the 23 of March? Got a big family get-together or just staying home chilling out and resting?
I know a family, who makes it big for the children of the family. It's a big get- together each year. They send someone to a local(designated) municipal park, early in the morning to reserve at least 2 tables, by sitting there until someone shows up to take over the shift. Then around 10am the family members slowly start arriving, with their wares.
They bring food, easter eggs, lawn chairs, quilts, blankets, coolers full of soft drinks, jars of tea & softball equipment for the guys ball game after lunch. It becomes quite a spread, just like a family reunion, this family has every 1st Sunday in August! It's their idea of keeping as much of the family together as possible, and keeping the family close.
I was part of that family for awhile, until my spouse passed away. After that I drifted away from them. I communicate with 2 or 3 of them at times during the year, but don't go to the get-togethers, unless pinned down, to go. (That's another story)
So, what do you have planned? I plan to cook and eat like a pig! I know what it's going to taste like........lol.

I believe food list will include:

Smoked Baked Ham, sliced
Creamed Potatoes or Baked Sweet Potatoes
Green Peas
Mixed Greens
Hot Rolls
And for dessert: Banana Pudding (everyone likes)

No comments: