Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pro Wrestling?












I'm sure you know this wrestler. The one with the shaved head is his brother. I remember watching wrestling when I was younger. I even took the kids, to the old "Sportatorium', here in Dallas, back when it was still around. Unfortunately, they've long since shut it down and torn it down.
This will tell my age, but I remember the great "Pepper Gomez" and "Rito Romero', back in the 50's and 60's. Not to mention, the great Von Erich's and there was Jake the Snake,and so many more.
I don't know about why people like it so well, but they do! It's been around for years, and it's still going strong today. For some un-godly reason, my spouse, has to watch it, every Friday evening, or feels abused. Abused is not the word for it, have you seen some of the tricks they pull? All this fake hitting, and fake blood........lol, what a deal. These costumes they come up with really catches the crowd's eyes. Look at this "bout" with two brothers, who have "hated each other" for years. Yeah, right! What a stage for a show! They sure make a lot of money, I guess I'm just jealous I didn't think of it first. But then, that would have been a few years back, right?

No comments: