Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Upstairs

Falling downstairs is something most people can understand.  When you tell them you fell upstairs a big question mark forms across their face, and then a smirky laugh.  They want to know what you were doing, or if you were drunk?  These are the most common reactions to you telling them you fell upstairs.  Well........I was carrying a bag of wood upstairs to my 3rd floor apartment, I had had a few beers........and as I went to pick up the bag of wood at the second floor, I took a step up as well..........stepping on the bottom part of the plastic bag as I tried to lift it.........well, it threw me forward.........head first........!  Needless to say........I dropped the bag, and threw out my arm to brace for the coming hit.  Yes, I hit the railing with my left side, and I can admit it's quite sore from the hit.  I cussed myself, and picked up my bag of wood which seems much heavier than it did before the fall.  The lady in the apartment near the steps, came to the door.........just what I needed!

No comments: