Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's ?

I want to bring up a subject that cause's a lot of grief to some Father's. Me in particular, because of my 5 kids, that don't remember their DAD...........well, actually maybe one or two will, but what happens to the other 3? You tell me..........? I'm at a loss for an answer........they just don't call, send a card or anything..........ain't that something?
What really irks me is that my oldest son's birthday is May 4th, so out of all of the other's you'd think he'd remember. Yeah, right.........I'll hold my breath on that one. I think his wife actually made him call me about 5 years ago, for Father's Day.........lol. So, you can see, I'm not very popular with my kids.........can't imagine why? Maybe a good butt whipping or two, when they were younger, could have caused it...........either way......it happens.....almost every year.
Dad, never raised me and constantly pushed me away, down through my growing years. Therefore, I do what I have to do, to handle any family get-to-gathers and go on with my life. That's it and I don't like it, I never did, but you can't make someone love you, and I sure couldn't him. Life goes on and I'm sure the day will come when he's no longer around, but he never cared that I was around, so there you have it........

No comments: